Churches and Cemeteries

Click on the thumbnail image to see the full-size picture
Ramapo Reformed Dutch Church plaque.jpgHistorical plaque at Ramapo Reformed Dutch Church in Mahwah, New Jersey. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Ramapo Reformed Dutch Church.jpgRamapo Reformed Dutch Church in Mahwah, New Jersey. Built in 1798, it was formerly shared by the Dutch Reformed Church and German Lutheran congregation which included the Fisher and Messinger families of Ramapo. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Ramapo Lutheran Cemetery Plaque.jpgHistorical plaque at the Old Lutheran Cemetery in Mahwah, New Jersey. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Mary Fisher grave stone.jpgGrave stone of Maria or Mary Fisher (1722-1812) in the Old Lutheran Cemetery, she was the wife of Michael Fisher (buried beside her) and mother of the loyalist Lewis Fisher. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Ramapo Lutheran Cemetery - Mary Messenger.jpgGrave stone of Mary Messenger (1776-1859) in the Old Lutheran Cemetery, she was the eldest daughter of Lewis and Mary Barbara (Till) Fisher. When her parents left with the loyalists for New Brunswick in 1783, she stayed behind with her grandparents and later married Michael Messenger in Ramapo. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Ramapo Lutheran Cemetery - Michael Messenger.jpgGrave stone of Michael Messinger in the Old Lutheran Cemetery at Mahwah. He was the husband of Mary Fisher and son of Conrad Meussinger and Margretta Van Winkle. Credit: Stuart Fisher.
Fredericton - Christ Church Anglican Cathedral.jpgChrist Church Cathedral, Fredericton, New Brunswick. This Anglican Cathedral was completed in 1853 after Fredericton was made the seat of the new bishopric for New Brunswick. Many Fisher descendants worshiped in this church. Credit: Rob Fisher.
Lewis and Mary Barbara Fisher grave stoneGrave stone of loyalists Lewis Fisher and his wife Mary Barbara Till in the Old Burying Ground, Fredericton. Lady Annie Connell (Fisher) Parkin erected this monument to their memory in the 1920s. Credit: Rob Fisher.
New Maryland Anglican Church - St. Mary the Virgin1.jpgSt. Mary the Virgin Anglican Church in New Maryland, New Brunswick. Built in 1864, this church replaced the earlier St. John the Evangelist church which was moved to Rusagonis. The land was originally donated by Henry Fisher. Credit: Rob Fisher.
New Maryland Anglican cemetery - Henry & Rebecca Fisher1.jpgGrave stone of Henry Fisher (1780-1855), eldest son of Lewis Fisher, and his second wife Mrs. Rebecca Lawrence (1794-1867) in the Anglican churchyard at New Maryland. Credit: Rob Fisher.
New Maryland (Beaver Dam) - St. John the Evangelist Anglican church3.jpgSt. John the Evangelist Anglican Church, Beaver Dam, New Brunswick. This church was built in 1839 or 1840 on land donated by Henry Fisher in New Maryland. In 1864, it was moved to Rusagonis and was later moved to its present location. Credit: Rob Fisher.
Wilmot United Church3.jpgWilmot United Church, Fredericton, New Brunswick. Fredericton Methodist Church was built in 1852 and joined the United Church of Canada in 1925, taking the name Wilmot United Church. It was long known for its large hand atop the steeple with a finger pointing towards heaven (since removed due to disrepair). Henry Fisher (1812-1860), his wife Sarah Maria Busby, and their sons George Frederick Fisher and Charles Henry Bayard Fisher worshiped in this church. Credit: Rob Fisher.
Fredericton Rural Cemetery - Fisher family plot.jpgThe family plot in Fredericton Rural Cemetery of the brothers Charles Henry Bayard Fisher (1840-1932) and George Frederick Fisher (1844-1894). Charles H. B. Fisher is not buried here but rather with his second wife's family in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Credit: Rob Fisher.


Return to home page

Copyright © Robert C. Fisher 2002-2016